YES! FREE DELIVERY to Pelham addresses. Delivery fee to surrounding towns is $1.75 per mile, up to 40 miles away. We will deliver to destinations up to 75 miles away, but those delivery fees will be custom quoted. The only set up fees are $30 for orders over 175 servings, and $15 for wedding cupcake orders.
2) When should I place my order? We suggest at least three months leadtime for wedding cakes; more leadtime if you're planning on a popular date. Party cakes should be ordered at least two weeks in advance. We are able to sometimes accept orders up to one week ahead of your event if our schedule allows.
3) When should I pay for my order? Wedding orders require a non-refundable $100 deposit to reserve a certain date. 50% of the order total is due eight weeks prior to event, and balance is due four weeks prior to event. Wedding orders placed less than eight weeks from event require Payment in Full at time of order.
For your convenience, you can make your $100 Hold the Date deposit simply by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page!
Party orders require a deposit of 50% of order total to be booked in our schedule, with balance due one week prior to event. Party orders placed within two weeks from the event must be paid in full at time of order.
**Note: ANY order placed 5 days or less from your event will incur a Rush Fee of 10% of the order total.**
4) How should I pay for my order? We invoice using the Paypal invoicing system. You may conveniently and securely pay via this method by using your credit or debit card, and you don't need to have a Paypal account to do so.
We also accept cash, personal checks and U.S. Postal money orders by mail. Payments made within ten days to your event must be made in cash or via Paypal due to the processing time of checks and money orders. Any check that is returned for non-sufficient funds will incur a $39 NSF fee, no exceptions.
5) What happens if I cancel my order? We understand that unexpected situations arise, which may cause you to cancel or postpone your event. However, we strive for quality over quantity, and turn away other orders once you've booked with us. Therefore, a cancellation means not only the loss of your order, but additional lost business as well.
With that in mind, should you cancel your order for any reason, any and all payments made to Cakes 5th Avenue up to that point are non-refundable. If you need to postpone your event, and require a rescheduled date in our book, we will do our best to work with you but cannot guarantee that we will have availability on your newly chosen date.
6) Do you offer Wedding Consultations? Yes, we do. Wedding Consultations are complimentary for orders of 100 servings or more, and a $10 fee (payable at appointment) for smaller orders. I provide freshly baked samples of some of our recipes for you to enjoy. The sample flavors vary, as they are what we have on order during the week of your appointment. Consultations are BY APPPOINTMENT ONLY.
7) Can Cakes 5th Avenue create a cake based on a photo I give them? Most cakes can be replicated with the understanding that there will be small differences between the photo and your cake, as each cake is unique and created by different cake artists.
8) Why are custom cakes more expensive than cakes from a grocery store or chain store? Grocery and chain store cake layers are mass produced in a commissary building and iced by machine on an assembly line. (That's why you sometimes see cake peeking through the machine-iced finish.) They are then frozen, boxed and trucked to the local stores where they're frozen until thawed out to fill up the bakery shelves. A custom cake is freshly baked and decorated only once a client places an order. A custom cake allows you the freedom to collaborate with your baker for a design style that's as unique as your event. These works of edible art can take hours to complete, and more intricate or complex designs may take days of piece work (hand crafting sugar flowers, for example) before the cake is even assembled. And if you've ever watched a cake show on t.v., those cakes take far longer to construct than the 30 to 60 minutes of air time.
8) Can you make a cool 3-D cake like they do on the Cake shows? Nothing is out of the realm of possibility! However, the spectacular 3-D cakes you see on the cake shows carry a steep price tag. Ace of Cakes charges a minimum of $1,000 per cake! 3-D cakes are very labor intensive and take time and skill to correctly design and construct, so they are indeed more expensive than a regular pricing menu. We price out this type of custom work per order.
9) Where are you located? Cakes 5th Avenue is located in Pelham, NH which is the very Southern part of the state. We proudly serve the surrounding cities and towns of Southern NH and Merrimack Valley area of Mass.
10) Do you have a storefront I can visit? We are currently a private cake studio; fully inspected and licensed by the State of New Hampshire Health Department. We find that it allows us to focus on creating beautiful and unique custom designed orders instead of stocking shelves with trays of baked goods. We welcome your call or email!